Wednesday 18 July 2007

Back to Wellington for Mum's birthday party!

Mum's Birthday:



Fortunately the good timing of our decision to abort the trip meant I could be here for my mum's birthday party. The birthday cake was quite a surprise as they had organised an old photo of mum from when she was first married to be iced onto the cake. A bit weird eating a picture of ones own mother!!! We had to be careful where we put the candles too.


Most of the family was here so it was a great meeting of family members many whom I had not seen for ages. There was Sarah, David, Ben and Hannah (who celebrated her 5th birthday at the same time), Judy and Mother of course, Hilary and her partner Jennie, Michael, Andrew and Emily, Jarred and Emma, Tim and Glenda and David, Jill and Katie and who ever else I forgot to mention.


At the moment I am living at my brother's house sharing a room with my 17 year old Nephew, David. Tim's family has been very hospitable but much as i love it here i need to get back to the sea so am searching the web pages looking for short handed yachts on passages.

"Oh it is good to go down to the sea again
To the Lonely Sea and the Sky"

"A wet sheet and flowing sail
and a wind that follows fast
That fills that white and billowing sail
and bends the gallant mast

That bends the Gallant mast my boys
and away the good ship flys and leaves
Old England on the Lee!"


My little girl, Antara in Germany aged 1 or 2

No comments: